Taha Shah Badussha recalls missed opportunity with Karan Johar: “He didn’t want to see me at all”

Taha Shah Badussha, known for his performance in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Heeramandi: The Diamond Bazaar, has opened up about the challenges he faced early in his career. In a recent interview with Social Kandura, Shah reminisced about his initial years in the industry. He described his excitement upon receiving a call from casting director Shanoo Sharma, offering him an audition chance with Dharma Productions, a banner led by director Karan Johar.

Taha Shah’s effort to catch Karan Johar’s eye  “After five or six months of (trying to get an audition in Mumbai), Shanoo Sharma called me. She said, ‘Karan Johar wants to test this girl, but you can come and test with her, and he might see you’,” Taha recalled. Excited about the prospect, Shah readily agreed. Taha Shah’s excitement turned into disappointment  Having cleared his schedule to attend the audition, he received a call from Sharma informing him that Karan Johar no longer wished to see him. He added, “I finished a prior shoot commitment, and I was under their building when I got a call from Shanoo. And she’s like, ‘I’m so sorry Taha, but Karan doesn’t want to see you.’”

He continued, “She asked me where I was, and I told her that I was far away and that’s fine. I went back in an auto, I was really heartbroken, because they said he didn’t want to see me at all.” Taha Shah’s debut  Despite this setback, Shah persevered. While he didn't elaborate on the specific Dharma project, he did mention landing a role in a YRF film shortly after, marking his Bollywood debut in Luv Ka the End. Also, it is worth mentioning here that Taha was also featured in a Dharma Productions film, Gippi. 

Also Read: Taha Shah Badussha REACTS to audience calling him “New Sushant Singh Rajput”: “I would like to take his legacy forward”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/aqvE2Lh

Comments